Yorkshire Pudding Recipe:
Recipe of Yorkshire pudding is so easy that I wasn’t sure whether should I call it a recipe or not. Anyways as one needs to know how to cook it so certainly it is called a “recipe”. There are lots of good things about this recipe like very few ingredients, mostly available at home and one can prepare the mixture and leave it to be baked just before serving without much hassle.
Well then let me not keep you all waiting and open the magic recipe box!
Eggs, four (measure them in a measuring cup or any cup)
Milk, same amount as eggs
Salt, a pinch
Ground black pepper, a pinch
Plain flour, almost the same measure
Cooking oil – 2 tbsp, for greasing
And that’s it!
- Mix all the ingredients, accept flour, together with a whisker and leave it aside to stand until you are ready to serve (just about 20 minutes before serving you need to work with it)
- Grease generously a muffin tray with cooking oil, slide it in the middle rack of the oven and pre-heat the oven to 270oC.
- In the meanwhile mix plain four in the liquid mixture of eggs and milk, one spoonful at a time. The batter should be of the same consistency as that of crepes/ pancake and of course lumps-free!
- When you can see the smoke coming out from the oil in the oven and/or smell the oil heating, whichever happens first, pull the tray out.
- Using a ladle to spoon the mixture in each case about ¾ th level of the case. Put the tray back in the oven and allow it to bake for 18-20 minutes. (Note that you do not need paper muffin/cupcake cases)
- They rise beautifully like muffins, you can see them oozing out of the case, when they turn slightly more than golden brown take the tray out.
- Serve it with hot chocolate sauce as a warm dessert in cold winters, or with ice-cream topped with hot chocolate sauce.
My family likes to eat it with meat curries as well! You should try in various different ways and find a new combination for yourself. Happy cooking!